SP government scales down Maya’s security
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has scaled down the security cover of former chief minister Mayawati.
The Uttar Pradesh government has issued a directive in this regard, highly placed sources in the government said.
Now, Mayawati will avail security cover according to the permissible limit of former chief ministers.
The number of vehicles in her convoy has also been cut down to ten from forty.
The security in Mayawati’s residence in Delhi will also be reduced. Mayawati would, however, have Z-Plus category security.
The strength of her security personnel was earlier around 400.
Meanwhile, Akhilesh Yadav has been extended security granted to the Chief Minister.
Samajwadi Party stormed to power in Uttar Pradesh with a stunning majority routing Mayawati-led BSP, the third time a party captured power on its own in the state in two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Indian-American Christians condemn attack on Syria church head
- UK opposition leader says Brexit vote is due to anger at governments
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra's 4-minute act at IIFA costs a bomb!
- S Asians disappointed over US apex court ruling on immigration
- 'Sad day for Europe, Britain,' says German foreign minister