SP government scales down Maya’s security
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has scaled down the security cover of former chief minister Mayawati.
The Uttar Pradesh government has issued a directive in this regard, highly placed sources in the government said.
Now, Mayawati will avail security cover according to the permissible limit of former chief ministers.
The number of vehicles in her convoy has also been cut down to ten from forty.
The security in Mayawati’s residence in Delhi will also be reduced. Mayawati would, however, have Z-Plus category security.
The strength of her security personnel was earlier around 400.
Meanwhile, Akhilesh Yadav has been extended security granted to the Chief Minister.
Samajwadi Party stormed to power in Uttar Pradesh with a stunning majority routing Mayawati-led BSP, the third time a party captured power on its own in the state in two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred