SP government scales down Maya’s security
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has scaled down the security cover of former chief minister Mayawati.
The Uttar Pradesh government has issued a directive in this regard, highly placed sources in the government said.
Now, Mayawati will avail security cover according to the permissible limit of former chief ministers.
The number of vehicles in her convoy has also been cut down to ten from forty.
The security in Mayawati’s residence in Delhi will also be reduced. Mayawati would, however, have Z-Plus category security.
The strength of her security personnel was earlier around 400.
Meanwhile, Akhilesh Yadav has been extended security granted to the Chief Minister.
Samajwadi Party stormed to power in Uttar Pradesh with a stunning majority routing Mayawati-led BSP, the third time a party captured power on its own in the state in two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!