SP government scales down Maya’s security
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has scaled down the security cover of former chief minister Mayawati.
The Uttar Pradesh government has issued a directive in this regard, highly placed sources in the government said.
Now, Mayawati will avail security cover according to the permissible limit of former chief ministers.
The number of vehicles in her convoy has also been cut down to ten from forty.
The security in Mayawati’s residence in Delhi will also be reduced. Mayawati would, however, have Z-Plus category security.
The strength of her security personnel was earlier around 400.
Meanwhile, Akhilesh Yadav has been extended security granted to the Chief Minister.
Samajwadi Party stormed to power in Uttar Pradesh with a stunning majority routing Mayawati-led BSP, the third time a party captured power on its own in the state in two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?