SP government scales down Maya’s security
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has scaled down the security cover of former chief minister Mayawati.
The Uttar Pradesh government has issued a directive in this regard, highly placed sources in the government said.
Now, Mayawati will avail security cover according to the permissible limit of former chief ministers.
The number of vehicles in her convoy has also been cut down to ten from forty.
The security in Mayawati’s residence in Delhi will also be reduced. Mayawati would, however, have Z-Plus category security.
The strength of her security personnel was earlier around 400.
Meanwhile, Akhilesh Yadav has been extended security granted to the Chief Minister.
Samajwadi Party stormed to power in Uttar Pradesh with a stunning majority routing Mayawati-led BSP, the third time a party captured power on its own in the state in two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss