SP govt anti-farmer, alleges Apna Dal
Lucknow: Accusing the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh of being anti-farmer, the Apna Dal on Wednesday said it would stage a sit-in near the state assembly on August 31 to protest "black-marketing" of fertilisers.
The protest would also highlight the "dismal power scenario" in the state, Apna Dal spokesman R B Singh Patel told reporters here.
He said the state government was pursuing anti-farmer policies.
Alleging black-marketing of fertilisers, Patel said owing to this farmers were facing a tough time.
The spokesman said the power supply in the state was totally unsatisfactory and this had resulted in farmers facing innumerable problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray