SP govt anti-farmer, alleges Apna Dal
Lucknow: Accusing the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh of being anti-farmer, the Apna Dal on Wednesday said it would stage a sit-in near the state assembly on August 31 to protest "black-marketing" of fertilisers.
The protest would also highlight the "dismal power scenario" in the state, Apna Dal spokesman R B Singh Patel told reporters here.
He said the state government was pursuing anti-farmer policies.
Alleging black-marketing of fertilisers, Patel said owing to this farmers were facing a tough time.
The spokesman said the power supply in the state was totally unsatisfactory and this had resulted in farmers facing innumerable problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors