SP govt anti-farmer, alleges Apna Dal
Lucknow: Accusing the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh of being anti-farmer, the Apna Dal on Wednesday said it would stage a sit-in near the state assembly on August 31 to protest "black-marketing" of fertilisers.
The protest would also highlight the "dismal power scenario" in the state, Apna Dal spokesman R B Singh Patel told reporters here.
He said the state government was pursuing anti-farmer policies.
Alleging black-marketing of fertilisers, Patel said owing to this farmers were facing a tough time.
The spokesman said the power supply in the state was totally unsatisfactory and this had resulted in farmers facing innumerable problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!