SP govt has failed to create jobs for unemployed youth: BJP
Lucknow: Accusing the ruling Samajwadi Party of failing to create jobs, the state unit of BJP on Tuesday questioned the UP government as to how many vacancies had been created for the unemployed youth in the state.
Speaking to reporters here, state BJP spokesperson Vijay Bahadur Pathak alleged that the Akhilesh Yadav government had failed to strengthen infrastructure in the state in order to create jobs.
"The SP, which claimed itself to be well-wisher of the youth is doing nothing concrete to strengthen infrastructure of the state so that jobs could be created.
"It should tell how many youths were given jobs in the present regime," Pathak said.
He alleged that a number of vacancies were available in various departments of the government but no steps were being taken to fill the posts.
"There are about 2 lakh posts of teachers in education department, 2,600 posts of village development officers and six thousand revenue officers posts vacant.
But the government was not taking any initiative to fill these posts", alleged Pathak, adding that the only agenda of SP was to win seats in the Lok Sabha polls.
Public money is being spent on organising programmes instead of providing basic facilities to the people, he said demanding immediate start of a recruitment process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians