SP govt has released 200 innocent Muslims: Ramgopal
Etawah: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has released 200 Muslim youths lodged in jails on false charges and withdrew cases against 400 other members of the community, party general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said on Monday.
"The SP government has fulfilled promises made in its poll manifesto. It has released 200 Muslim youths jailed on false charges and withdrew cases against 400 others," he said.
Talking about his party`s commitment to improve the lot of minorities, Yadav said the Akhilesh government had provided 15 per cent jobs to Muslims as promised in the party`s poll manifesto.
He asked the community to be beware of the Opposition`s propaganda in this regard.
On coming Lok Sabha elections, Yadav said the exercise would bring a third front grouping to power, adding the name of its Prime Ministerial candidate would be decided through consensus.
On the law and order in the state, Yadav said the crime in the national capital was 10 times more than in UP.
He, however, said the spurt in all types of crime was due to rapid westernisation.
"Adopting of western culture is one of the reasons behind rising violence against women. Body-revealing clothes and exposure on TV channels give these crimes encouragement," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past