SP govt has released 200 innocent Muslims: Ramgopal
Etawah: The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has released 200 Muslim youths lodged in jails on false charges and withdrew cases against 400 other members of the community, party general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said on Monday.
"The SP government has fulfilled promises made in its poll manifesto. It has released 200 Muslim youths jailed on false charges and withdrew cases against 400 others," he said.
Talking about his party`s commitment to improve the lot of minorities, Yadav said the Akhilesh government had provided 15 per cent jobs to Muslims as promised in the party`s poll manifesto.
He asked the community to be beware of the Opposition`s propaganda in this regard.
On coming Lok Sabha elections, Yadav said the exercise would bring a third front grouping to power, adding the name of its Prime Ministerial candidate would be decided through consensus.
On the law and order in the state, Yadav said the crime in the national capital was 10 times more than in UP.
He, however, said the spurt in all types of crime was due to rapid westernisation.
"Adopting of western culture is one of the reasons behind rising violence against women. Body-revealing clothes and exposure on TV channels give these crimes encouragement," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days