SP govt hiding scams during Mayawati regime: BJP
Lucknow: BJP on Wednesday accused the SP government in Uttar Pradesh of hiding scams during Mayawati regime and said refusal to hold an inquiry into irregularities in sale of sugar mills showed SP and BSP were two sides of the same coin.
Slamming the state government for saying there was no irregularity in the sale of sugar mills in UP during the BSP regime, BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said the statement was surprising and unfortunate.
"The government`s statement is not only surprising, but unfortunate," party spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said, claiming that even the CAG in its report had concluded that large scale irregularities were committed in these sales.
"By refusing an inquiry, the government has proved that SP and BSP are two sides of the same coin. The SP government is hiding scams of previous Mayawati government," he alleged.
He said with this reply to a question raised by "its own MLA", the government has proved it was trying to "hush up" the matter.
SP member Ravidas Mehrotra had asked in the Assembly whether an inquiry would be conducted to find out if irregularties were committed in sale of sugar mills, to which the government had said, "Question does not arise".
BJP has been demanding a CBI inquiry into sale of sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble