SP govt hiding scams during Mayawati regime: BJP
Lucknow: BJP on Wednesday accused the SP government in Uttar Pradesh of hiding scams during Mayawati regime and said refusal to hold an inquiry into irregularities in sale of sugar mills showed SP and BSP were two sides of the same coin.
Slamming the state government for saying there was no irregularity in the sale of sugar mills in UP during the BSP regime, BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said the statement was surprising and unfortunate.
"The government`s statement is not only surprising, but unfortunate," party spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said, claiming that even the CAG in its report had concluded that large scale irregularities were committed in these sales.
"By refusing an inquiry, the government has proved that SP and BSP are two sides of the same coin. The SP government is hiding scams of previous Mayawati government," he alleged.
He said with this reply to a question raised by "its own MLA", the government has proved it was trying to "hush up" the matter.
SP member Ravidas Mehrotra had asked in the Assembly whether an inquiry would be conducted to find out if irregularties were committed in sale of sugar mills, to which the government had said, "Question does not arise".
BJP has been demanding a CBI inquiry into sale of sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan