SP govt in UP victimising Hindus to protect Muslims: VHP
Allahabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Tuesday charged the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh with pursuing a policy of "Muslim appeasement" and claimed that Hindus were being falsely implicated in criminal cases to "shield" members of the minority community.
"In the neighbouring district of Pratapgarh, a dalit girl was raped and murdered recently. Undoubtedly, it was a shocking incident. But what is more appalling is that 18 persons, all Hindus, have been falsely implicated by the administration and put behind the bars.
"We have got complaints that this has been done to shield the real culprits, all of whom belong to the minority community," VHP international working president Pravin Togadia told reporters here.
He demanded that the "innocent Hindus be released and the real culprits arrested at the earliest, their trial conducted expeditiously and death penalty ensured for their ghastly deed."
"The SP`s politics of Muslim appeasement has never been a secret. But ever since the party has come to power in UP, Muslim appeasement seems to have become a government policy. It has begun to appear that though Akhilesh Yadav may be the Chief Minister, the strings are pulled by his cabinet colleague Azam Khan and the Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid," he said.
The VHP leader also said that in the next few months, the outfit aimed at inducting 51 lakh youths from across the country of which 11 lakh would be from Uttar Pradesh, which is badly in need of "committed Hindus who can work for benefit of their community".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP