SP govt in UP victimising Hindus to protect Muslims: VHP
Allahabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Tuesday charged the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh with pursuing a policy of "Muslim appeasement" and claimed that Hindus were being falsely implicated in criminal cases to "shield" members of the minority community.
"In the neighbouring district of Pratapgarh, a dalit girl was raped and murdered recently. Undoubtedly, it was a shocking incident. But what is more appalling is that 18 persons, all Hindus, have been falsely implicated by the administration and put behind the bars.
"We have got complaints that this has been done to shield the real culprits, all of whom belong to the minority community," VHP international working president Pravin Togadia told reporters here.
He demanded that the "innocent Hindus be released and the real culprits arrested at the earliest, their trial conducted expeditiously and death penalty ensured for their ghastly deed."
"The SP`s politics of Muslim appeasement has never been a secret. But ever since the party has come to power in UP, Muslim appeasement seems to have become a government policy. It has begun to appear that though Akhilesh Yadav may be the Chief Minister, the strings are pulled by his cabinet colleague Azam Khan and the Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid," he said.
The VHP leader also said that in the next few months, the outfit aimed at inducting 51 lakh youths from across the country of which 11 lakh would be from Uttar Pradesh, which is badly in need of "committed Hindus who can work for benefit of their community".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test