SP govt no better than previous BSP regime: BJP
Lucknow: BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai on Friday said the SP government was no better than the previous BSP regime and claimed it was affected by the same problems as the Mayawati-led party during its rule.
"The SP government is victim of five Cs - corruption, crime, confused, communal and compartmentalised. It has proved to be a carbon copy of the (previous) BSP government," Bajpai told reporters here.
Bajpai alleged that during the SP regime, crime was on the rise and even policemen were being killed.
He alleged that law and order situation would not improve in the state when tainted persons were ministers in this government.
The BJP leader said if a government which had spent only 49 per cent of its budget claimed to have brought in development, it was cheating the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley