SP govt shying away from probe into scams: BJP
Lucknow: Bhartiya Janata Party on Thursday accused Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav of "shielding" people involved in scams during the previous BSP regime by not ordering probe into the irregularities.
"On one hand the chief minister is continuously saying that an inquiry would be conducted into the scams committed during previous BSP regime, and when a scam is exposed, instead of ordering probe the government tries to shield the guilty," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said while talking to the reporters.
Pathak claimed Urban Development Minister Azam Khan has written a letter to the chief minister asking for a CBI probe into irregularities committed in works done under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JnNURM), but the government was "mum on the issue."
"Why the government is not able to take a decision on the demand of its own minister," Pathak asked.
In its election manifesto SP had said that an inquiry commission would be constituted to probe into irregularities during the previous BSP regime, but this has not been done till date, he said.
The chief minister has been expressing concern over power crisis in the state and also about poor quality transformers purchased during BSP regime, he said.
"If the CM thinks that poor quality transformers were purchased during BSP regime then why stern action is not being taken," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’