SP govt worse than BSP: Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The law and order situation in the SP government is worse than the previous BSP`s regime in Uttar Pradesh, former state Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said here.
Congress would raise this issue in Parliament, Joshi said, while talking to newsmen here last night.
Pointing towards the deteriorating law and order situation in the state, Bahugana said, communal riots and atrocities on women have increased and the state is worse under SP rule as compared to the Bahujan Samaj Party`s rule.
When asked about the price-rise, Bahugana said, it is an international problem and drew parallel with the recent Presidential elections in US saying it wasn`t much of an issue there either.
The issue was raised by the opposition party in the US elections also, but the people did not give it much importance, she stressed.
Lok Sabha polls would be held on its scheduled time not earlier, Bahuguna said, adding, Congress would contest the UP elections in alliance with Ajit Singh led RLD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Priyanka Chopra, Saroj Khan honoured at Fempowerment awards
- We should protect and preserve our unity, integrity: PM on GST
- Honda Activa contributes 38% of incremental industry sales in July
- Banks not fully understanding problems of SMEs: Commerce and Industry Minister
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...