SP govt worse than BSP: Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The law and order situation in the SP government is worse than the previous BSP`s regime in Uttar Pradesh, former state Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said here.
Congress would raise this issue in Parliament, Joshi said, while talking to newsmen here last night.
Pointing towards the deteriorating law and order situation in the state, Bahugana said, communal riots and atrocities on women have increased and the state is worse under SP rule as compared to the Bahujan Samaj Party`s rule.
When asked about the price-rise, Bahugana said, it is an international problem and drew parallel with the recent Presidential elections in US saying it wasn`t much of an issue there either.
The issue was raised by the opposition party in the US elections also, but the people did not give it much importance, she stressed.
Lok Sabha polls would be held on its scheduled time not earlier, Bahuguna said, adding, Congress would contest the UP elections in alliance with Ajit Singh led RLD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre