SP govt worse than BSP: Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The law and order situation in the SP government is worse than the previous BSP`s regime in Uttar Pradesh, former state Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said here.
Congress would raise this issue in Parliament, Joshi said, while talking to newsmen here last night.
Pointing towards the deteriorating law and order situation in the state, Bahugana said, communal riots and atrocities on women have increased and the state is worse under SP rule as compared to the Bahujan Samaj Party`s rule.
When asked about the price-rise, Bahugana said, it is an international problem and drew parallel with the recent Presidential elections in US saying it wasn`t much of an issue there either.
The issue was raised by the opposition party in the US elections also, but the people did not give it much importance, she stressed.
Lok Sabha polls would be held on its scheduled time not earlier, Bahuguna said, adding, Congress would contest the UP elections in alliance with Ajit Singh led RLD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision