SP govt worse than BSP: Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The law and order situation in the SP government is worse than the previous BSP`s regime in Uttar Pradesh, former state Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said here.
Congress would raise this issue in Parliament, Joshi said, while talking to newsmen here last night.
Pointing towards the deteriorating law and order situation in the state, Bahugana said, communal riots and atrocities on women have increased and the state is worse under SP rule as compared to the Bahujan Samaj Party`s rule.
When asked about the price-rise, Bahugana said, it is an international problem and drew parallel with the recent Presidential elections in US saying it wasn`t much of an issue there either.
The issue was raised by the opposition party in the US elections also, but the people did not give it much importance, she stressed.
Lok Sabha polls would be held on its scheduled time not earlier, Bahuguna said, adding, Congress would contest the UP elections in alliance with Ajit Singh led RLD.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India