SP hand in glove with BJP for political gains: Beni
Barabanki: Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Friday alleged that ruling Samajwadi Party and BJP are behind the riots in Uttar Pradesh as they want to serve their political interests.
"Ruling Samajwadi Party and opposition BJP were together behind the communal riots in the state in order to serve their political interests," Union Steel minister Beni Prasad Verma alleged.
The Union Minister said SP government would be providing Rs 30,000 to high school Muslim girls for marriage or higher studies, but in fact they (Muslims) are being cheated as the maximum loss is being faced by them because of the riots and tension.
Most of the shops gutted in Faizabad in the recent incident belonged to Muslims and the administration remained passive and its laxity led to tension, Verma claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town