SP holds protest, asks Gujarat CM to apologise for `Har Har Modi` slogan
Varanasi: SP workers on Monday held a demonstration at Rajendra Prasad Ghat here against "Har Har Modi" slogan raised by the supporters of Narendra Modi and demanded that the Gujarat Chief Minister should apologise to the people of Varanasi for this.
Protesting against the slogan `Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi`, saying it disrespected Lord Shiva, the Samajwadi party workers smeared black paint on Modi`s posters.
They demanded that when Modi visits Varanasi for campaigning he should first apologise to the people of the city.
As Hindu seers and opposition parties objected to the slogan, BJP had yesterday distanced itself from it and said its official slogan was "Ab ki baar, Modi sarkar" (This time, Modi government).
Narendra Modi has himself asked his supporters not to use it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda