SP holds protest, asks Gujarat CM to apologise for `Har Har Modi` slogan
Varanasi: SP workers on Monday held a demonstration at Rajendra Prasad Ghat here against "Har Har Modi" slogan raised by the supporters of Narendra Modi and demanded that the Gujarat Chief Minister should apologise to the people of Varanasi for this.
Protesting against the slogan `Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi`, saying it disrespected Lord Shiva, the Samajwadi party workers smeared black paint on Modi`s posters.
They demanded that when Modi visits Varanasi for campaigning he should first apologise to the people of the city.
As Hindu seers and opposition parties objected to the slogan, BJP had yesterday distanced itself from it and said its official slogan was "Ab ki baar, Modi sarkar" (This time, Modi government).
Narendra Modi has himself asked his supporters not to use it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE