SP hopes to win large number of seats in UP: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Ruling SP will bank on its performance in Uttar Pradesh during the upcoming Lok Sabha polls and expects to win seats "in large numbers", Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said.
"SP would gain seats in large numbers in the coming polls as it has done work...The works that we have done is before the people... There is no village left which has not benefitted from schemes like laptop distribution, kanya vidhaydhan among others," he told reporters after a meeting of the state cabinet.
Without naming BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said, "Some people were out to compete with us on rallies but were defeated...Then compared us with achievements but got defeated in that also."
On decisions taken in the cabinet meeting, he said a new medical university would be set up in Noida where a medical college and hospital were coming up, and a new Haj house would be constructed in Ghaziabad.
Besides, a stadium on PPP model would be constructed in Lucknow, he said, adding that "shiksha mitras" would be adjusted as assistant teachers.
Shiksha mitras who are in sizeable numbers and work on honorarium had long been demanding government jobs and had staged protests in the state capital for the purpose.
To a question on the poll surveys, he said they are not always correct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’