SP hopes to win large number of seats in UP: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Ruling SP will bank on its performance in Uttar Pradesh during the upcoming Lok Sabha polls and expects to win seats "in large numbers", Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said.
"SP would gain seats in large numbers in the coming polls as it has done work...The works that we have done is before the people... There is no village left which has not benefitted from schemes like laptop distribution, kanya vidhaydhan among others," he told reporters after a meeting of the state cabinet.
Without naming BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said, "Some people were out to compete with us on rallies but were defeated...Then compared us with achievements but got defeated in that also."
On decisions taken in the cabinet meeting, he said a new medical university would be set up in Noida where a medical college and hospital were coming up, and a new Haj house would be constructed in Ghaziabad.
Besides, a stadium on PPP model would be constructed in Lucknow, he said, adding that "shiksha mitras" would be adjusted as assistant teachers.
Shiksha mitras who are in sizeable numbers and work on honorarium had long been demanding government jobs and had staged protests in the state capital for the purpose.
To a question on the poll surveys, he said they are not always correct.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?