SP launches month-long membership drive in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party today started a month-long membership drive here, seeking to strengthen the party base after its dismal performance in the Lok Sabha elections.
The drive was launched from the party office at RDC here, under the leadership of district president Sajid Hussain and city president Dharambir Dabas.
Speaking at the event, Hussain said that the membership drive would continue till August 1, and apart from recruiting new members, the drive would also help in popularising the welfare schemes started by the SP government in the state.
The event was attended by many SP leaders and hundreds of party supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees