SP launches month-long membership drive in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party today started a month-long membership drive here, seeking to strengthen the party base after its dismal performance in the Lok Sabha elections.
The drive was launched from the party office at RDC here, under the leadership of district president Sajid Hussain and city president Dharambir Dabas.
Speaking at the event, Hussain said that the membership drive would continue till August 1, and apart from recruiting new members, the drive would also help in popularising the welfare schemes started by the SP government in the state.
The event was attended by many SP leaders and hundreds of party supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley