SP leader arrested for involvement in arson
Auraiya: A Samajwadi Party leader has
been arrested for his alleged involvement in arson during
nation-wide bandh organised by 13 political parties to protest
against price rise, officials said here on Tuesday.
Pramod Gupta, Chairman of Vidhuna Nagar Panchayat, was
arrested from his house late last night in connection with
arson during Bharat bandh on April 27 in which a bus was
torched by mob, they said.
Gupta, a relative of SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav
and against whom a case had been lodged under various sections
of the IPC, was today produced before the Chief Judicial
Magistrate, who remanded him to 14 days of judicial custody,
Protesting Gupta`s arrest, SP workers led by Leader of
the Opposition in the state Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav
staged a demonstration at the police office, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city