SP leader, brother shot dead in Ghazipur
Ghazipur (UP): A local Samajwadi Party leader and his brother were shot dead by unidentified assailants, who decamped with their jewellery in Saidpur area, police said here on Saturday.
Ajay Barnwal (50), vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha, and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) were shot at when they were returning home after closing their jewellery shop late last evening, they said.
Police said the motorcycle-borne assailants later escaped with jewellery and cash.
The duo were taken to Varanasi for treatment where doctors declared them brought dead, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh