SP leader, brother shot dead in Ghazipur
Ghazipur (UP): A local Samajwadi Party leader and his brother were shot dead by unidentified assailants, who decamped with their jewellery in Saidpur area, police said here on Saturday.
Ajay Barnwal (50), vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha, and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) were shot at when they were returning home after closing their jewellery shop late last evening, they said.
Police said the motorcycle-borne assailants later escaped with jewellery and cash.
The duo were taken to Varanasi for treatment where doctors declared them brought dead, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!