SP leader, brother shot dead in Ghazipur
Ghazipur (UP): A local Samajwadi Party leader and his brother were shot dead by unidentified assailants, who decamped with their jewellery in Saidpur area, police said here on Saturday.
Ajay Barnwal (50), vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha, and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) were shot at when they were returning home after closing their jewellery shop late last evening, they said.
Police said the motorcycle-borne assailants later escaped with jewellery and cash.
The duo were taken to Varanasi for treatment where doctors declared them brought dead, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police