SP leader, brother shot dead in Ghazipur
Ghazipur (UP): A local Samajwadi Party leader and his brother were shot dead by unidentified assailants, who decamped with their jewellery in Saidpur area, police said here on Saturday.
Ajay Barnwal (50), vice-president of SP Vyapaar Sabha, and his brother Vijay Barnwal (40) were shot at when they were returning home after closing their jewellery shop late last evening, they said.
Police said the motorcycle-borne assailants later escaped with jewellery and cash.
The duo were taken to Varanasi for treatment where doctors declared them brought dead, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida