SP leader meets Raja Bhaiya in jail
Pratapgarh (UP): Leader of Opposition and senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Singh Yadav, along with other party leaders, on Sunday met jailed independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias `Raja Bhaiya` and other lawmakers in the district jail.
Yadav reached district jail this afternoon to meet Raja Bhaiya, party MLA Vinod Saroj, MP Shailendra Kumar and MLA Akshay Pratap Singh alias Gopalji.
After a heated debate with the jail officials over meeting the lawmakers, only Yadav a few others were allowed to go inside the jail.
Raja Bhaiya and the three lawmakers were arrested on charges of kidnapping, dacoity, attempt to murder and vandalism on the complaint of Manoj Kumar Shukla, a candidate of Babaganj block head post.
Yadav, later, claimed that Raja Bhaiya and others were framed by the police on directions of the BSP government.
The senior SP leader also alleged that the state government was conspiring to shift Raja Bhaiya from Pratapgarh to Bareilly jail, where he was not safe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?