SP leader Mohan Singh cremated
Deoria: Last rites of former SP national general secretary and Rajya Sabha member Mohan Singh were on Tuesday performed on the banks of Saryu River near his native village Jainagar.
Large number of people, including SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav and several ruling and opposition leaders reached Jainagar to pay their last respects to the socialist leader.
Paying his tribute, Mulayam said Mohan Singh was not a person, but an ideology and his absence would be felt forever.
The entire party was and would remain with the leader`s family in this time of grief, he said.
Shivpal said Mohan Singh was completely dedicated to SP and his demise has caused irreparable loss not only to the party, but to the people as well.
In his entire political career, Singh supported the cause of poor and downtrodden, the minister said.
Singh, 68, who was admitted to the AIIMS in Delhi on September 18, passed away on last Sunday after a prolonged battle with cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof