SP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A local Samajwadi Party leader was shot dead on Tuesday by two bikers in Uttar Pradesh`s Mau district.
The incident took place at Madhuban area when two motorcycle borne youths blocked the passage of SP leader Badri Yadav (55), who was going somewhere along with a man, and opened fire at him, IG (Law and order) R K Vishwakarma told reporters here.
Yadav, who was Vidhan Sabha secretary of SP, was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
An FIR has been registered in this regard against five persons, including Kamlesh Yadav alias Dhurandhar Yadav.
Search is on to nab the assailants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof