SP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A local Samajwadi Party leader was shot dead on Tuesday by two bikers in Uttar Pradesh`s Mau district.
The incident took place at Madhuban area when two motorcycle borne youths blocked the passage of SP leader Badri Yadav (55), who was going somewhere along with a man, and opened fire at him, IG (Law and order) R K Vishwakarma told reporters here.
Yadav, who was Vidhan Sabha secretary of SP, was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
An FIR has been registered in this regard against five persons, including Kamlesh Yadav alias Dhurandhar Yadav.
Search is on to nab the assailants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned