SP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A local Samajwadi Party leader was shot dead on Tuesday by two bikers in Uttar Pradesh`s Mau district.
The incident took place at Madhuban area when two motorcycle borne youths blocked the passage of SP leader Badri Yadav (55), who was going somewhere along with a man, and opened fire at him, IG (Law and order) R K Vishwakarma told reporters here.
Yadav, who was Vidhan Sabha secretary of SP, was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
An FIR has been registered in this regard against five persons, including Kamlesh Yadav alias Dhurandhar Yadav.
Search is on to nab the assailants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube