SP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A local Samajwadi Party leader was shot dead on Tuesday by two bikers in Uttar Pradesh`s Mau district.
The incident took place at Madhuban area when two motorcycle borne youths blocked the passage of SP leader Badri Yadav (55), who was going somewhere along with a man, and opened fire at him, IG (Law and order) R K Vishwakarma told reporters here.
Yadav, who was Vidhan Sabha secretary of SP, was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
An FIR has been registered in this regard against five persons, including Kamlesh Yadav alias Dhurandhar Yadav.
Search is on to nab the assailants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH