SP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A local Samajwadi Party leader was shot dead on Tuesday by two bikers in Uttar Pradesh`s Mau district.
The incident took place at Madhuban area when two motorcycle borne youths blocked the passage of SP leader Badri Yadav (55), who was going somewhere along with a man, and opened fire at him, IG (Law and order) R K Vishwakarma told reporters here.
Yadav, who was Vidhan Sabha secretary of SP, was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
An FIR has been registered in this regard against five persons, including Kamlesh Yadav alias Dhurandhar Yadav.
Search is on to nab the assailants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking