SP leader, six others booked for murder of BSP activist
Muzaffarnagar: District Samajwadi Party General Secretary Mairajuddin and six others were on Tuesday booked in connection with the murder of a BSP activist, police said.
31-year-old Alam, also the son of Tewra village head Nafisa, was shot dead last evening by a group of persons.
In the FIR filed, the deceased`s family has alleged Mairajuddin and six of his accomplices were behind Alam`s murder. They all are absconding and a search is on for them, police said.
Security has been tightened in the village with extra personnel deployed as tension prevailed in the area following the murder.
Several BSP activists, including party MP Kadir Rana, have demanded immediate arrest of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video