SP leader, six others booked for murder of BSP activist
Muzaffarnagar: District Samajwadi Party General Secretary Mairajuddin and six others were on Tuesday booked in connection with the murder of a BSP activist, police said.
31-year-old Alam, also the son of Tewra village head Nafisa, was shot dead last evening by a group of persons.
In the FIR filed, the deceased`s family has alleged Mairajuddin and six of his accomplices were behind Alam`s murder. They all are absconding and a search is on for them, police said.
Security has been tightened in the village with extra personnel deployed as tension prevailed in the area following the murder.
Several BSP activists, including party MP Kadir Rana, have demanded immediate arrest of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars