SP leader, six others booked for murder of BSP activist
Muzaffarnagar: District Samajwadi Party General Secretary Mairajuddin and six others were on Tuesday booked in connection with the murder of a BSP activist, police said.
31-year-old Alam, also the son of Tewra village head Nafisa, was shot dead last evening by a group of persons.
In the FIR filed, the deceased`s family has alleged Mairajuddin and six of his accomplices were behind Alam`s murder. They all are absconding and a search is on for them, police said.
Security has been tightened in the village with extra personnel deployed as tension prevailed in the area following the murder.
Several BSP activists, including party MP Kadir Rana, have demanded immediate arrest of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources