SP leader`s murder in Ghaziabad solved, 4 held
Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad police have solved the high-profile murder of a ruling Samajwadi Party leader, and have arrested four men for his May 6 shooting.
Addressing media persons Tuesday, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Sachi Ghildiyal said Samajwadi Party leader Kapil Yadav was shot dead as he was allegedly involved in a murder a year ago and was at loggerheads with some locals over a property.
Police found that Devyansh Yadav, son of police constable Subhash Yadav, executed the murder plan with help from Sachin Yadav and Rohit Yadav.
Sachin, a local, gave his Tata Vista car while Rohit provided a .9 mm pistol. Devyansh and his friend Prince shot Kapil dead at Nandini petrol vend on National Highway No.24 near Lal Kuan at 9.00 p.m. May 6.
At the time of attack, Kapil, who was coming from Noida, was changing his car after his two friends dropped him at the petrol vend.
As Kapil walked towards his car, Devyansh shot him dead.
Devyansh took a pistol that Kapil had on him along with Rs.6 lakh kept in a handbag. After ensuring Kapil was dead, the attackers escaped in the Tata Vista car.
The murder led to much hue and cry since Kapil was said to be close to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who directed the state police to arrest the criminals at the earliest.
SSP Ghildiyal said the police succeeded in nabbing Devyansh, Prince, Sachin and Rohit, who confessed to shooting Kapil.
The police also recovered the .9 mm pistol used in the crime and the .30 calibre pistol that Kapil had.
Police said Kapil kept his uncle`s pistol for safety since he had deposited his own with the police as required by law since elections were on.
Police also recovered the Tata Vista car and a mobile phone. However, the cash is yet to be recovered.
More arrests are likely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical