SP leader`s son sentenced to life for raping minor
Badaun: Son of a SP leader was sentenced to life imprisonment and a penalty of Rs 1 lakh was also imposed on him by a local court here for raping a teenaged girl.
The 15-year-old victim was raped by Varun Bharadwaj alias Chinu, son of former SP block head Patanjali Bhardwaj, in Alapur area on December 27, 2010, prosecution counsel Gyan Swaroop Gupta said.
After hearing both the sides, Additional District Judge S N Tripathi held Chinu guilty yesterday, he said.
The court also said that from the amount of the fine imposed, Rs 70,000 be given to the victim.
It also directed to lodge an FIR against three persons, including the then station officer of Alapur Pradeep Shukla, for disclosing the identity of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand