SP legislator booked for manufacturing illicit liquor
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party (SP) legislator in Uttar Pradesh has been booked for allegedly being involved in supplying and manufacturing illicit liquor in the state, police said Monday.
Vijay Mishra, who represents the Gyanpur assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh`s Bhadohi district, about 250 km from here, was booked Sunday night.
The case against Mishra was registered following a joint drive by police and excise officials at a hideout in Bhadohi, during which some people were arrested with illicit liquor, police said.
"Those arrested later admitted that they worked for the MLA, who also supplies illicit liquor in various districts of Uttar Pradesh, including Allahabad and Maharajganj," Superintendent of Police Gyaneshwar Tiwari said.
"The MLA is absconding. We have organised teams to trace him," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof