SP legislator booked for manufacturing illicit liquor
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party (SP) legislator in Uttar Pradesh has been booked for allegedly being involved in supplying and manufacturing illicit liquor in the state, police said Monday.
Vijay Mishra, who represents the Gyanpur assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh`s Bhadohi district, about 250 km from here, was booked Sunday night.
The case against Mishra was registered following a joint drive by police and excise officials at a hideout in Bhadohi, during which some people were arrested with illicit liquor, police said.
"Those arrested later admitted that they worked for the MLA, who also supplies illicit liquor in various districts of Uttar Pradesh, including Allahabad and Maharajganj," Superintendent of Police Gyaneshwar Tiwari said.
"The MLA is absconding. We have organised teams to trace him," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi