SP legislators complain against UP ministers, officers
Lucknow: SP legislators on Saturday complained to their party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav that some ministers and officers posted at Chief Minister`s secretariat were not paying heed to their grievances.
At a meeting of party MLAs and MLCs convened by Yadav to feel the pulse of state administration, the legislators openly complained about some ministers and officials posted at CM secretariat, SP members said here.
"The legislators told Yadav that some ministers were not taking their work seriously...They also complained against some officers, including a women IAS, posted at CM secretariat for not paying heed to their grievances," a party MLA, who attended the meeting said.
Yadav assured the legislators of looking into the matter and directed them to ensure strengthening of the party organisations ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, scheduled next year.
"The Lok Sabha polls are very important. You all should take it seriously as elections could be held anytime...SP has to win maximum seats so that it can play a major role in formation of government in Delhi," he said.
Yadav also said there would be no change in the list of the 71 Lok Sabha candidates (of the total 80 seats) declared so far.
When some legislators pointed out some Lok Sabha candidates alleging that they were not working in their constituency and demanded to change them, Yadav said he would see that the candidates devote maximum time in their constituency and warned the legislators against groupism.
Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav was also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug