SP member suspended from Vidhan Sabha
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party MLA Mohammad
Alim Khan was suspended from the Uttar Pradesh assembly on Wednesday
for tearing a paper on the reporters` desk in the midst of
sharp exchanges between BSP and SP members.
Protesting allegations levelled by Animal Husbandary
Minister Avadhpal Singh Yadav against their leader Shivpal
Singh Yadav and his family, slogan-shouting SP members trooped
into the well of the House.
Amid the din, Alim Khan tore a paper on the reporters`
The minister, opposing admissibility of an adjournment
notice of the SP on Pradeshiya Cooperative Dairy Federation,
levelled corruption charges against Shivpal Yadav, the Leader
of the Opposition in the House, and his family members.
Taking exception to Alim Khan`s behaviour, Speaker
Sukhdev Rajbhar first directed the marshals to evict him from
He then asked Parliamentary Affairs Minister Lalji
Verma to propose suspension of the member from the House which
was passed by a voice vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli