SP member suspended from Vidhan Sabha
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party MLA Mohammad
Alim Khan was suspended from the Uttar Pradesh assembly on Wednesday
for tearing a paper on the reporters` desk in the midst of
sharp exchanges between BSP and SP members.
Protesting allegations levelled by Animal Husbandary
Minister Avadhpal Singh Yadav against their leader Shivpal
Singh Yadav and his family, slogan-shouting SP members trooped
into the well of the House.
Amid the din, Alim Khan tore a paper on the reporters`
The minister, opposing admissibility of an adjournment
notice of the SP on Pradeshiya Cooperative Dairy Federation,
levelled corruption charges against Shivpal Yadav, the Leader
of the Opposition in the House, and his family members.
Taking exception to Alim Khan`s behaviour, Speaker
Sukhdev Rajbhar first directed the marshals to evict him from
He then asked Parliamentary Affairs Minister Lalji
Verma to propose suspension of the member from the House which
was passed by a voice vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days