SP MLA joins BSP after being denied party ticket
Lucknow: Denied ticket by the party for the
forthcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections a sitting MLA of
Samajwadi Party today joined the ruling BSP.
"Expressing faith in the policies of BSP chief Mayawati
and expressing faith in her leadership SP MLA from Kisni in
Mainpuri Sandhya Katheria has joined the party," BSP state
president Swami Prasad Maurya said.
On being asked whether she would be named as BSP
candidate from Kisni, senior leader and cabinet minister
Naseemuddin Siddiqui said let the time come.
After joining BSP Katheria said other than Mayawati no
other political leader was fighting for the cause of dalits,
backwards and downtrodden, however, she refused to cite the
reason for leaving SP.
Katheria, who was elected on SP ticket in the last
Assembly elections, was denied ticket this time and the party
has named Brijesh Katheria as its candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery