SP MLA named in bomb attack on BSP minister sent to JC
Allahabad: Controversial Samajwadi Party MLA
Vijay Mishra, arrested in connection with last year`s bomb
attack on a cabinet minister in BSP ruled Uttar Pradesh, was
on Thursday remanded to judicial custody for 60 days by a special
court in Allahabad.
Special Judge (Gangster Act) Rajiv Lochan Mehrotra passed
the order after which Mishra, who was arrested from Delhi on
Tuesday and brought here on transit remand, was taken to the
high security Naini central jail on the outskirts of the city.
The stringent Gangsters Act was invoked against Mishra in
October last year following an alleged confession by one
Rajesh Pilot who is believed to have engineered the bomb blast
outside state cabinet minister Nand Gopal Nandi`s residence
here on July 12 which killed two persons besides injuring the
Pilot had reportedly the police that he was hired by
Mishra, who represents Gyanpur seat in neighbouring district
of Sant Ravidas Nagar, for eliminating Nandi with whom the SP
MLA had been involved in a long-standing business and
The alleged disclosure had led to intensifying of the
search for Mishra who has been named in more than a dozen
criminal cases across Uttar Pradesh and had been on the run
ever since a case was registered against him in connection
with a firing incident at a rally during the 2009 Lok Sabha
The state government raised the reward on his head from Rs
15,000 to Rs 2.5 lakh even as the Special Task Force of Uttar
Pradesh police conducted raids in various parts of the country
to nab the MLA who was arrested in Delhi on February 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users