SP MLA Narayan Singh passes away, CM offers condolences
Allahabad: Samajwadi Party MLA Mahesh Narayan Singh died at a hospital in Gurgaon following prolonged illness, party sources said here today.
He was 55 and is survived by wife and a son.
The MLA, who represented Handia constituency, breathed his last yesterday at the Medanta Hospital where he had been undergoing treatment for the past four months.
His body was brought to his native village Junaidpur, on the outskirts of the city, this morning where Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav offered his condolences before returning to Lucknow.
Singh made his electoral debut in 2002 assembly polls in which he pulled off a stunning victory, beating former UP Minister Rakesh Dhar Tripathi.
After having lost to Tripathi in the 2007, Singh wrested the seat back with a victory margin of more than 45,000 votes in the assembly elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state