SP MLAs meet Sonia Gandhi, allege laxity in govt schemes
Rae Bareli: Samajwadi Party MLAs on Tuesday alleged laxity in implementation of government schemes during a meeting of district Vigilance and Monitoring Committee chaired by Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
During the meeting SP`s Harchandpur MLA Surendra Bahadur and Salon MLA Asha Kishore complained regarding implementation of MNREGA, Nirmal Bharat Scheme and PMGSY, District Magistrate Amit Kumar Gupta told reporters here.
While Bahadur complained about laxity in implementation of MNREGA and Nirmal Bharat campaign, Kishore raised the issue of damaged roads and other infrastructure.
Gandhi`s officer on special duty Dheeraj Srivastava said that all complaints have been received and a probe has been initiated into the matter.
The Congress president was accompanied by her daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof