SP MP from Kaiserganj resigns from Lok Sabha
Gonda: Samajwadi Party MP from Kaiserganj Brijbhushan Sharan Singh, who is all set to join BJP, resigned from Lok Sabha on Friday.
In his letter to Speaker Meira Kumar, Singh said that he had contested 15th Lok Sabha elections on SP ticket "but the party has diverted from development agenda and failed to maintain communal harmony after forming government in Uttar Pradesh."
Singh alleged that government has no say on its machinery and "due to the present scenraio, he was resigning for his Lok Sabha membership."
Singh is likely to join BJP, the party which he had earlier represented in Lok Sabha, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list