SP MP stages sit-in alleging harassment of public
Bahraich: An MP of the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh staged a sit-in here on Saturday against what he alleged harassment of people by police.
Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, an MP from Kaiserganj, along with his supporters staged the protest in front of the office of the Superintendent of Police.
The lawmaker alleged police were not listening to grievances of the people and were harassing them.
"When people go to police stations to lodge complaints, they are being turned away," he told mediapersons here.
The MP alleged a person arrested in connection with a case was allowed to escape and in his place another was framed.
A complaint pertaining to "harassment of people by the police" would be lodged with the Chief Minister, he said.
Protest would also be held next Saturday if the police did not improve its style of functioning, the MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth