SP MP stages sit-in alleging harassment of public
Bahraich: An MP of the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh staged a sit-in here on Saturday against what he alleged harassment of people by police.
Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, an MP from Kaiserganj, along with his supporters staged the protest in front of the office of the Superintendent of Police.
The lawmaker alleged police were not listening to grievances of the people and were harassing them.
"When people go to police stations to lodge complaints, they are being turned away," he told mediapersons here.
The MP alleged a person arrested in connection with a case was allowed to escape and in his place another was framed.
A complaint pertaining to "harassment of people by the police" would be lodged with the Chief Minister, he said.
Protest would also be held next Saturday if the police did not improve its style of functioning, the MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH