SP MP stages sit-in alleging harassment of public
Bahraich: An MP of the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh staged a sit-in here on Saturday against what he alleged harassment of people by police.
Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, an MP from Kaiserganj, along with his supporters staged the protest in front of the office of the Superintendent of Police.
The lawmaker alleged police were not listening to grievances of the people and were harassing them.
"When people go to police stations to lodge complaints, they are being turned away," he told mediapersons here.
The MP alleged a person arrested in connection with a case was allowed to escape and in his place another was framed.
A complaint pertaining to "harassment of people by the police" would be lodged with the Chief Minister, he said.
Protest would also be held next Saturday if the police did not improve its style of functioning, the MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!