SP MP stages sit-in alleging harassment of public
Bahraich: An MP of the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh staged a sit-in here on Saturday against what he alleged harassment of people by police.
Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, an MP from Kaiserganj, along with his supporters staged the protest in front of the office of the Superintendent of Police.
The lawmaker alleged police were not listening to grievances of the people and were harassing them.
"When people go to police stations to lodge complaints, they are being turned away," he told mediapersons here.
The MP alleged a person arrested in connection with a case was allowed to escape and in his place another was framed.
A complaint pertaining to "harassment of people by the police" would be lodged with the Chief Minister, he said.
Protest would also be held next Saturday if the police did not improve its style of functioning, the MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'