SP orders probe into halt of longest-running Ramle
Lucknow: Hours after curtains came down at the longest running Ramleela performance in Ayodhya due to reported financial crunch, the Uttar Pradesh government today ordered a probe into the matter.
Taking a note, UP Culture Minister Mrs Arun Kumari Kori today ordered the probe by Director Culture on the issue asking him to submit his report in three days.
"A probe has been ordered by Director Culture on the issue. He has been asked to submit his report in three days," the minister said.
The minister also directed that Ramleela should be re-started immediately and said it was "not stopped for lack of funds".
The Ramleela, being organised by the Ayodhya Research Institute, an autonomous body of the Uttar Pradesh culture department, has been stopped since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users