SP orders probe into halt of longest-running Ramle
Lucknow: Hours after curtains came down at the longest running Ramleela performance in Ayodhya due to reported financial crunch, the Uttar Pradesh government today ordered a probe into the matter.
Taking a note, UP Culture Minister Mrs Arun Kumari Kori today ordered the probe by Director Culture on the issue asking him to submit his report in three days.
"A probe has been ordered by Director Culture on the issue. He has been asked to submit his report in three days," the minister said.
The minister also directed that Ramleela should be re-started immediately and said it was "not stopped for lack of funds".
The Ramleela, being organised by the Ayodhya Research Institute, an autonomous body of the Uttar Pradesh culture department, has been stopped since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das