SP orders probe into halt of longest-running Ramle
Lucknow: Hours after curtains came down at the longest running Ramleela performance in Ayodhya due to reported financial crunch, the Uttar Pradesh government today ordered a probe into the matter.
Taking a note, UP Culture Minister Mrs Arun Kumari Kori today ordered the probe by Director Culture on the issue asking him to submit his report in three days.
"A probe has been ordered by Director Culture on the issue. He has been asked to submit his report in three days," the minister said.
The minister also directed that Ramleela should be re-started immediately and said it was "not stopped for lack of funds".
The Ramleela, being organised by the Ayodhya Research Institute, an autonomous body of the Uttar Pradesh culture department, has been stopped since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Al Qaeda and Syria branch split up
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records