SP orders probe into halt of longest-running Ramle
Lucknow: Hours after curtains came down at the longest running Ramleela performance in Ayodhya due to reported financial crunch, the Uttar Pradesh government today ordered a probe into the matter.
Taking a note, UP Culture Minister Mrs Arun Kumari Kori today ordered the probe by Director Culture on the issue asking him to submit his report in three days.
"A probe has been ordered by Director Culture on the issue. He has been asked to submit his report in three days," the minister said.
The minister also directed that Ramleela should be re-started immediately and said it was "not stopped for lack of funds".
The Ramleela, being organised by the Ayodhya Research Institute, an autonomous body of the Uttar Pradesh culture department, has been stopped since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details