SP orders probe into halt of longest-running Ramle
Lucknow: Hours after curtains came down at the longest running Ramleela performance in Ayodhya due to reported financial crunch, the Uttar Pradesh government today ordered a probe into the matter.
Taking a note, UP Culture Minister Mrs Arun Kumari Kori today ordered the probe by Director Culture on the issue asking him to submit his report in three days.
"A probe has been ordered by Director Culture on the issue. He has been asked to submit his report in three days," the minister said.
The minister also directed that Ramleela should be re-started immediately and said it was "not stopped for lack of funds".
The Ramleela, being organised by the Ayodhya Research Institute, an autonomous body of the Uttar Pradesh culture department, has been stopped since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble