SP Parliamentary Party meet to discuss support to govt
New Delhi: After four of its Rajya Sabha MPs
were suspended and evicted from the House for disrupting the
discussion and passage of Women`s Reservation Bill, SP
Parliamentary Party will meet tomorrow to discuss whether to
continue support to UPA government.
Samajwadi Party had threatened to withdraw support to the
Congress-led government if the Bill giving 33 per cent
reservation in legislatures was passed in its present form and
reservations were not given to Dalit and OBC.
Now that the Bill has been passed in the Rajya Sabha and
four of its members were evicted from the House by marshals,
it is likely to take a call on whether it should immediately
meet President Pratibha Patil and submit a letter withdrawing
support to the government.
"The manner in which the bill was passed in Rajya
Sabha today after evicting our MPs shows that the government
can get it cleared in Lok Sabha also by throwing us out. We
will decide our future strategy on it at tomorrow`s meeting
and see whether support needs to be withdrawn immediately or
not," party`s Chief Whip and Lok Sabha MP Shailendra Kumar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?