SP plans to hold meet to woo Brahmin voters
Lucknow: In an apparent bid to woo Brahmins, Samajwadi Party will hold a "Brahmin sammelan" in the state capital on May 12.
"This would be the biggest congregation of Brahmins from all over the state in which besides intellectuals, saints and seers would also remain present," state minister and president SP`s Brahmin Sabha Manoj Pandey told reporters.
Pandey, who is the `Brahmin face` of SP said that to hold the "Parshuram Jayanti Samaroh" programme, a committee has been constituted by SP state president Akhilesh Yadav with MLAs Om Prakash Dubey, state minister Tej Narain Pandey and Shivakant Ojha as its members.
On preparations, member of the organising committee Tej Narain Pandey said that saints from Ayodhya, Kashi, Mathura, Chitrakoot and Vrindavan will be participating in the programme that would be held at SP headquarter here.
"This programme would prove to be a milestone for the community as the issues pertaining to the community would be discussed in it", Tej Narain said..
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav would address the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark
- 17-year-old 'unschooled' Malvika Joshi makes it to MIT
- VVIP chopper scam: Key middleman approaches CBI, says ready to divulge if not arrested by India