SP plans to hold meet to woo Brahmin voters
Lucknow: In an apparent bid to woo Brahmins, Samajwadi Party will hold a "Brahmin sammelan" in the state capital on May 12.
"This would be the biggest congregation of Brahmins from all over the state in which besides intellectuals, saints and seers would also remain present," state minister and president SP`s Brahmin Sabha Manoj Pandey told reporters.
Pandey, who is the `Brahmin face` of SP said that to hold the "Parshuram Jayanti Samaroh" programme, a committee has been constituted by SP state president Akhilesh Yadav with MLAs Om Prakash Dubey, state minister Tej Narain Pandey and Shivakant Ojha as its members.
On preparations, member of the organising committee Tej Narain Pandey said that saints from Ayodhya, Kashi, Mathura, Chitrakoot and Vrindavan will be participating in the programme that would be held at SP headquarter here.
"This programme would prove to be a milestone for the community as the issues pertaining to the community would be discussed in it", Tej Narain said..
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav would address the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr