SP plans to hold meet to woo Brahmin voters
Lucknow: In an apparent bid to woo Brahmins, Samajwadi Party will hold a "Brahmin sammelan" in the state capital on May 12.
"This would be the biggest congregation of Brahmins from all over the state in which besides intellectuals, saints and seers would also remain present," state minister and president SP`s Brahmin Sabha Manoj Pandey told reporters.
Pandey, who is the `Brahmin face` of SP said that to hold the "Parshuram Jayanti Samaroh" programme, a committee has been constituted by SP state president Akhilesh Yadav with MLAs Om Prakash Dubey, state minister Tej Narain Pandey and Shivakant Ojha as its members.
On preparations, member of the organising committee Tej Narain Pandey said that saints from Ayodhya, Kashi, Mathura, Chitrakoot and Vrindavan will be participating in the programme that would be held at SP headquarter here.
"This programme would prove to be a milestone for the community as the issues pertaining to the community would be discussed in it", Tej Narain said..
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav would address the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming