SP plans to hold meet to woo Brahmin voters
Lucknow: In an apparent bid to woo Brahmins, Samajwadi Party will hold a "Brahmin sammelan" in the state capital on May 12.
"This would be the biggest congregation of Brahmins from all over the state in which besides intellectuals, saints and seers would also remain present," state minister and president SP`s Brahmin Sabha Manoj Pandey told reporters.
Pandey, who is the `Brahmin face` of SP said that to hold the "Parshuram Jayanti Samaroh" programme, a committee has been constituted by SP state president Akhilesh Yadav with MLAs Om Prakash Dubey, state minister Tej Narain Pandey and Shivakant Ojha as its members.
On preparations, member of the organising committee Tej Narain Pandey said that saints from Ayodhya, Kashi, Mathura, Chitrakoot and Vrindavan will be participating in the programme that would be held at SP headquarter here.
"This programme would prove to be a milestone for the community as the issues pertaining to the community would be discussed in it", Tej Narain said..
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav would address the conference.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video