SP plans to hold meet to woo Brahmin voters
Lucknow: In an apparent bid to woo Brahmins, Samajwadi Party will hold a "Brahmin sammelan" in the state capital on May 12.
"This would be the biggest congregation of Brahmins from all over the state in which besides intellectuals, saints and seers would also remain present," state minister and president SP`s Brahmin Sabha Manoj Pandey told reporters.
Pandey, who is the `Brahmin face` of SP said that to hold the "Parshuram Jayanti Samaroh" programme, a committee has been constituted by SP state president Akhilesh Yadav with MLAs Om Prakash Dubey, state minister Tej Narain Pandey and Shivakant Ojha as its members.
On preparations, member of the organising committee Tej Narain Pandey said that saints from Ayodhya, Kashi, Mathura, Chitrakoot and Vrindavan will be participating in the programme that would be held at SP headquarter here.
"This programme would prove to be a milestone for the community as the issues pertaining to the community would be discussed in it", Tej Narain said..
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav would address the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details