`SP playing defensive on previous regime`s corrupt
Lucknow: Claiming that Samajwadi Party government was "playing defensive" on corruption cases of previous BSP regime, BJP on Friday alleged that state government was giving "safe passage" to corrupt persons.
"It seems that SP is playing defensive on corruption cases in previous BSP regime. It should tell people why it is giving safe passage to corrupt persons", BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
Referring to vigilance inquiry order on corruption cases on Naseemudin Siddiqui, Pathak said that while Lokayukta had recommended a CBI probe into it, the state government showed its softness and ordered the vigilance probe only.
"The vigilance department is governed by the state government and its unlikely that it will do any harm to the corrupt," Pathak said.
Demanding immediate constitution of a separate commission for corruption case as promised in SP manifesto, Pathak asked the party why it had not fulfilled this poll promise.
"It seems SP government had put corruption cases on the backburner and that is why it has so far not constituted the Commission for the purpose," Pathak added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred