SP presenting wrong facts: BSP
Lucknow: Accusing the Samajwadi Party of portraying wrong facts about the death of a Dalit in Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh, ruling BSP has said his death was a
fall out of a family dispute.
"Death of a Dalit in Chandauli was fallout of a family dispute, but the Samjawadi Party never hesitates in indulging in petty politics whenever it gets an opportunity," a BSP
spokesman said here.
Members of the SP had yesterday raised the issue in the Lok Sabha alleging that the Dalit youth was murdered inside a police station and demanded stern action against the
While, a BSP spokesman said Rama Shankar Ram died after he had a scuffle with his brother Santosh Kumar in Chandauli district. Ram was injured in the fight and later succumbed to injuries on his way to hospital.
The spokesman said the SP had no respect for the dignity of the Parliament else it would not have held state government responsible for a death which occurred because of
He alleged that the SP tried to present wrong facts about the Chandauli incident in the Parliament.
The BSP MPs should have been given an opportunity to present the truth before the House, so that the SP MPs could not misrepresent the facts, he said.
"SP leaders had weak memory of their own regime when Dalit and poor people were harassed. On June 2, 1995, a conspiracy was hatched to kill Dalit ki beti Mayawati," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves