SP regime equally responsible for Muzaffarnagar riots: CPI(M)
Lucknow: Holding Uttar Pradesh government equally responsible along with communal forces for the Muzaffarnagar riots, the CPI(M) on Tuesday said the Muslims, for the development of whom the Samajwadi Party claims to be always dedicated, have suffered the most during its regime.
"RSS and Hidutva forces were given full chance to take advantage of the situation arising out of the triple murder in Kawal village in Muzaffarnagar on August 27, and take it to such a dangerous end," party leader Subhashini Ali alleged.
Claiming that the riots were pre-planned and fuelled by inflammatory speeches from both sides, Ali accused the state government of failing to handle the crisis.
The people, who fled from riot-hit areas and presently living in relief camps, are still terrorised and situation is not going to improve by deploying army or police, she said.
The CPI(M) leader said until and unless the real culprits, instead of villagers, are put behind the bars, the differences between the two communities cannot be worked out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested