SP reinstates Sanjay Lathar as youth wing prez
Lucknow: More than a month after being sacked from Samajwadi Party for "ignoring party work", Sanjay Lathar was on Wednesday reinstated as the president of party`s youth offshoot.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today again made Lathar the president of Yuvjan Sabha.
"Lathar has been made national president of Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha (SYS) by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Lathar, a close aide of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and party state president Akhilesh Yadav, was sacked on September 10.
"Lathar is ignoring party work and has many serious allegations," SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav had said while removing Lathar from the SYS national president post.
"Lathar will work dedicatedly and actively for the party, SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav has hoped," Chowdhary added.
Lathar, a Jat leader, had contested as SP candidate for Mant (in Mathura district) assembly bypoll held in June and despite his busy schedule the Chief Minister took out time to canvass for him. He, however, lost the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster