SP reinstates Sanjay Lathar as youth wing prez
Lucknow: More than a month after being sacked from Samajwadi Party for "ignoring party work", Sanjay Lathar was on Wednesday reinstated as the president of party`s youth offshoot.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today again made Lathar the president of Yuvjan Sabha.
"Lathar has been made national president of Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha (SYS) by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Lathar, a close aide of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and party state president Akhilesh Yadav, was sacked on September 10.
"Lathar is ignoring party work and has many serious allegations," SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav had said while removing Lathar from the SYS national president post.
"Lathar will work dedicatedly and actively for the party, SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav has hoped," Chowdhary added.
Lathar, a Jat leader, had contested as SP candidate for Mant (in Mathura district) assembly bypoll held in June and despite his busy schedule the Chief Minister took out time to canvass for him. He, however, lost the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'