SP reinstates Sanjay Lathar as youth wing prez
Lucknow: More than a month after being sacked from Samajwadi Party for "ignoring party work", Sanjay Lathar was on Wednesday reinstated as the president of party`s youth offshoot.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today again made Lathar the president of Yuvjan Sabha.
"Lathar has been made national president of Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha (SYS) by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Lathar, a close aide of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and party state president Akhilesh Yadav, was sacked on September 10.
"Lathar is ignoring party work and has many serious allegations," SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav had said while removing Lathar from the SYS national president post.
"Lathar will work dedicatedly and actively for the party, SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav has hoped," Chowdhary added.
Lathar, a Jat leader, had contested as SP candidate for Mant (in Mathura district) assembly bypoll held in June and despite his busy schedule the Chief Minister took out time to canvass for him. He, however, lost the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh