SP reinstates Sanjay Lathar as youth wing prez
Lucknow: More than a month after being sacked from Samajwadi Party for "ignoring party work", Sanjay Lathar was on Wednesday reinstated as the president of party`s youth offshoot.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today again made Lathar the president of Yuvjan Sabha.
"Lathar has been made national president of Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha (SYS) by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Lathar, a close aide of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and party state president Akhilesh Yadav, was sacked on September 10.
"Lathar is ignoring party work and has many serious allegations," SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav had said while removing Lathar from the SYS national president post.
"Lathar will work dedicatedly and actively for the party, SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav has hoped," Chowdhary added.
Lathar, a Jat leader, had contested as SP candidate for Mant (in Mathura district) assembly bypoll held in June and despite his busy schedule the Chief Minister took out time to canvass for him. He, however, lost the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir