SP restores dissolved frontal organisations of party
Lucknow: Amidst complaints that senior leaders and ministers were not paying heed to youth leaders, Samajwadi Party today restored all the frontal organisations of the party, which had been dissolved in January this year.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and party`s state president and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who held a meeting with youth leaders at party headquarters here, decided to restore dissolved frontal organisations -- Lohia Vahini, Chhatra Sabha, Yuvjan Sabha and Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade and asked their presidents to continue working.
These frontal organisations were dissolved in first week of January by the party without citing any reason.
At the meeting, Mulayam asked youths to reach out to people in their respective districts and ensure that party won maximum number of seats in next Lok Sabha polls, sources said.
He took feedback from youth leaders, who claimed that certain seniors and ministers were not paying heed to them due to which they sometimes had to face difficult situation in public, they said.
Mulayam said the youths would be heard and their problems taken care of and advised them to plan Lok Sabha polls in such a way that there should be presence of youths workers at each booth.
With the fresh decision, Sanjay Lathar will remain president of Yuvjan Sabha, Suneel Yadav will head Chhatra Sabha, Anand Bhadauria will continue as chief of Lohia Vahini, and Naimul Hasan will be in-charge of Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi