SP restores dissolved frontal organisations of party
Lucknow: Amidst complaints that senior leaders and ministers were not paying heed to youth leaders, Samajwadi Party today restored all the frontal organisations of the party, which had been dissolved in January this year.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and party`s state president and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who held a meeting with youth leaders at party headquarters here, decided to restore dissolved frontal organisations -- Lohia Vahini, Chhatra Sabha, Yuvjan Sabha and Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade and asked their presidents to continue working.
These frontal organisations were dissolved in first week of January by the party without citing any reason.
At the meeting, Mulayam asked youths to reach out to people in their respective districts and ensure that party won maximum number of seats in next Lok Sabha polls, sources said.
He took feedback from youth leaders, who claimed that certain seniors and ministers were not paying heed to them due to which they sometimes had to face difficult situation in public, they said.
Mulayam said the youths would be heard and their problems taken care of and advised them to plan Lok Sabha polls in such a way that there should be presence of youths workers at each booth.
With the fresh decision, Sanjay Lathar will remain president of Yuvjan Sabha, Suneel Yadav will head Chhatra Sabha, Anand Bhadauria will continue as chief of Lohia Vahini, and Naimul Hasan will be in-charge of Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees