SP resumes yatra for inclusion of 17 backward castes in SC list
Lucknow: The third phase of Samajwadi Party`s "Samajik Nyay Adhikar Yatra" to press for inclusion of 17 backward castes in SC category on Thursday started from the party`s office here.
The third phase, which was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhury, will culminate on February 10 after covering Kannauj, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auraiya and FIrozabad districts.
"The SP had in its previous regime passed a resolution for inclusion of 17 most backward castes in Scheduled Caste category and sent it to the Centre, which had not taken any decision in this regard so far," the yatra`s convener and cabinet minister Gayatra Prasad Prajapati said.
The yatra`s first phase was flagged off by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on October 24 last year and the second phase had started on January 5.
Talking to reporters, Chowdhury said the Samajwadi Party was the real well-wisher of the people belonging to backward castes and had always fought for their cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune