SP resumes yatra for inclusion of 17 backward castes in SC list
Lucknow: The third phase of Samajwadi Party`s "Samajik Nyay Adhikar Yatra" to press for inclusion of 17 backward castes in SC category on Thursday started from the party`s office here.
The third phase, which was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhury, will culminate on February 10 after covering Kannauj, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auraiya and FIrozabad districts.
"The SP had in its previous regime passed a resolution for inclusion of 17 most backward castes in Scheduled Caste category and sent it to the Centre, which had not taken any decision in this regard so far," the yatra`s convener and cabinet minister Gayatra Prasad Prajapati said.
The yatra`s first phase was flagged off by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on October 24 last year and the second phase had started on January 5.
Talking to reporters, Chowdhury said the Samajwadi Party was the real well-wisher of the people belonging to backward castes and had always fought for their cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends