SP resumes yatra for inclusion of 17 backward castes in SC list
Lucknow: The third phase of Samajwadi Party`s "Samajik Nyay Adhikar Yatra" to press for inclusion of 17 backward castes in SC category on Thursday started from the party`s office here.
The third phase, which was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhury, will culminate on February 10 after covering Kannauj, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auraiya and FIrozabad districts.
"The SP had in its previous regime passed a resolution for inclusion of 17 most backward castes in Scheduled Caste category and sent it to the Centre, which had not taken any decision in this regard so far," the yatra`s convener and cabinet minister Gayatra Prasad Prajapati said.
The yatra`s first phase was flagged off by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on October 24 last year and the second phase had started on January 5.
Talking to reporters, Chowdhury said the Samajwadi Party was the real well-wisher of the people belonging to backward castes and had always fought for their cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM