SP resumes yatra for inclusion of 17 backward castes in SC list
Lucknow: The third phase of Samajwadi Party`s "Samajik Nyay Adhikar Yatra" to press for inclusion of 17 backward castes in SC category on Thursday started from the party`s office here.
The third phase, which was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhury, will culminate on February 10 after covering Kannauj, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auraiya and FIrozabad districts.
"The SP had in its previous regime passed a resolution for inclusion of 17 most backward castes in Scheduled Caste category and sent it to the Centre, which had not taken any decision in this regard so far," the yatra`s convener and cabinet minister Gayatra Prasad Prajapati said.
The yatra`s first phase was flagged off by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on October 24 last year and the second phase had started on January 5.
Talking to reporters, Chowdhury said the Samajwadi Party was the real well-wisher of the people belonging to backward castes and had always fought for their cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur