SP reviews progress of cases against Ex-BSP ministers
Lucknow: Giving strong signals, the Uttar Pradesh government today reviewed progress of cases against those involved in corrupt practices during the previous Mayawati regime, including nine BSP leaders.
"A high-level meeting chaired by Principal Secretary Home RM Srivastava was held to review delay, if any, in vigilance probe in cases referred by Lokayukta," Secretary Home Ravindra Kumar Upadhyay said.
He said that 10 cases were discussed during the meeting but did not elaborate.
On recommendation of Lokayukta Justice (retd) NK Malhotra vigilance probe is under way against nine ministers of previous BSP regime.
These former BSP ministers include-- Babu Singh Khushwaha (family welfare minister), Naseemuddin Siddiqui (PWD minister), Badshah Singh (Labour Minister), Rangnath Mishra (secondary education minister), Chandradev Ram Yadav (minor industries minister), Awadhpal Singh yadav (animal husbandary minister), Ramveer Upadhyay (energy minister), Rakesh Dhar Tripathi (higher education minister) and Ram Achal Rajbhar (transport Minister).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why