SP sacks three MLAs for anti-party activities
Zee News Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Lucknow: Acting stringently against members accused of anti-party activities, the Samajwadi Party on Wednesday suspended three MLAs from the party membership.
While speaking to the media, SP spokesperson Rajendra Chowdhury said, “As directed by the party president Akhilesh Yadav suspension orders of MLAs Mahendra Singh, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal and Ram Lal Akela have been issued.”
MLA Mahendra Singh, who represents Sevta constituency in Sitapur district, was arrested during the raid in a city hotel in Goa dance bar on Tuesday under Anti-Prostitution Act.
Shailendra Jaiswal, son of SP MLA from Sitapur Sadar seat, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal, and Vikrant Akela, son of party Raebareli MLA Ramlal Akela, were too issued suspension orders.
Shalendra was accused in a firing incident that happened in Sitapur whereas Vikrant Akela was accused for allegedly usurping a land by demolishing a house in Raebareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark