SP sacks three MLAs for anti-party activities
Zee News Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Lucknow: Acting stringently against members accused of anti-party activities, the Samajwadi Party on Wednesday suspended three MLAs from the party membership.
While speaking to the media, SP spokesperson Rajendra Chowdhury said, “As directed by the party president Akhilesh Yadav suspension orders of MLAs Mahendra Singh, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal and Ram Lal Akela have been issued.”
MLA Mahendra Singh, who represents Sevta constituency in Sitapur district, was arrested during the raid in a city hotel in Goa dance bar on Tuesday under Anti-Prostitution Act.
Shailendra Jaiswal, son of SP MLA from Sitapur Sadar seat, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal, and Vikrant Akela, son of party Raebareli MLA Ramlal Akela, were too issued suspension orders.
Shalendra was accused in a firing incident that happened in Sitapur whereas Vikrant Akela was accused for allegedly usurping a land by demolishing a house in Raebareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble