SP sacks three MLAs for anti-party activities
Zee News Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Lucknow: Acting stringently against members accused of anti-party activities, the Samajwadi Party on Wednesday suspended three MLAs from the party membership.
While speaking to the media, SP spokesperson Rajendra Chowdhury said, “As directed by the party president Akhilesh Yadav suspension orders of MLAs Mahendra Singh, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal and Ram Lal Akela have been issued.”
MLA Mahendra Singh, who represents Sevta constituency in Sitapur district, was arrested during the raid in a city hotel in Goa dance bar on Tuesday under Anti-Prostitution Act.
Shailendra Jaiswal, son of SP MLA from Sitapur Sadar seat, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal, and Vikrant Akela, son of party Raebareli MLA Ramlal Akela, were too issued suspension orders.
Shalendra was accused in a firing incident that happened in Sitapur whereas Vikrant Akela was accused for allegedly usurping a land by demolishing a house in Raebareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral