SP sacks three MLAs for anti-party activities
Zee News Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Lucknow: Acting stringently against members accused of anti-party activities, the Samajwadi Party on Wednesday suspended three MLAs from the party membership.
While speaking to the media, SP spokesperson Rajendra Chowdhury said, “As directed by the party president Akhilesh Yadav suspension orders of MLAs Mahendra Singh, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal and Ram Lal Akela have been issued.”
MLA Mahendra Singh, who represents Sevta constituency in Sitapur district, was arrested during the raid in a city hotel in Goa dance bar on Tuesday under Anti-Prostitution Act.
Shailendra Jaiswal, son of SP MLA from Sitapur Sadar seat, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal, and Vikrant Akela, son of party Raebareli MLA Ramlal Akela, were too issued suspension orders.
Shalendra was accused in a firing incident that happened in Sitapur whereas Vikrant Akela was accused for allegedly usurping a land by demolishing a house in Raebareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey