SP sacks three MLAs for anti-party activities
Zee News Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Lucknow: Acting stringently against members accused of anti-party activities, the Samajwadi Party on Wednesday suspended three MLAs from the party membership.
While speaking to the media, SP spokesperson Rajendra Chowdhury said, “As directed by the party president Akhilesh Yadav suspension orders of MLAs Mahendra Singh, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal and Ram Lal Akela have been issued.”
MLA Mahendra Singh, who represents Sevta constituency in Sitapur district, was arrested during the raid in a city hotel in Goa dance bar on Tuesday under Anti-Prostitution Act.
Shailendra Jaiswal, son of SP MLA from Sitapur Sadar seat, Radhey Shyam Jaiswal, and Vikrant Akela, son of party Raebareli MLA Ramlal Akela, were too issued suspension orders.
Shalendra was accused in a firing incident that happened in Sitapur whereas Vikrant Akela was accused for allegedly usurping a land by demolishing a house in Raebareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'