SP scraps Mayawati’s Gr Noida airport project
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has scrapped the Greenfield international airport project at Jewar mooted by the previous Mayawati government citing unavailability of Centre`s clearance for it.
"The state government has decided to scrap the project as we are not getting clearances for it from the Centre. We are planning to develop an international airport between Agra and Mathura", a senior official said.
He said the process of identifying land would be completed within a month and process of land acquisition would start after that.
The airport project at Jewar, which is less than 100 kms from Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi, has not been given clearance as it flouted the rule that no airport can be constructed within 150 km from an existing airport.
Despite repeated requests, the BSP government could not get a go ahead for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened