SP scraps Mayawati’s Gr Noida airport project
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has scrapped the Greenfield international airport project at Jewar mooted by the previous Mayawati government citing unavailability of Centre`s clearance for it.
"The state government has decided to scrap the project as we are not getting clearances for it from the Centre. We are planning to develop an international airport between Agra and Mathura", a senior official said.
He said the process of identifying land would be completed within a month and process of land acquisition would start after that.
The airport project at Jewar, which is less than 100 kms from Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi, has not been given clearance as it flouted the rule that no airport can be constructed within 150 km from an existing airport.
Despite repeated requests, the BSP government could not get a go ahead for the project.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living