SP scraps Mayawati’s Gr Noida airport project
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has scrapped the Greenfield international airport project at Jewar mooted by the previous Mayawati government citing unavailability of Centre`s clearance for it.
"The state government has decided to scrap the project as we are not getting clearances for it from the Centre. We are planning to develop an international airport between Agra and Mathura", a senior official said.
He said the process of identifying land would be completed within a month and process of land acquisition would start after that.
The airport project at Jewar, which is less than 100 kms from Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi, has not been given clearance as it flouted the rule that no airport can be constructed within 150 km from an existing airport.
Despite repeated requests, the BSP government could not get a go ahead for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez