SP seeks Rahul`s apology for Muzaffarnagar remarks
Lucknow: Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi should apologise to Muslims for his remarks that Pakistan`s ISI was in touch with some victims of the Muzaffarnagar riots to draw them to terrorist activities, senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan said on Friday.
"Rahul Gandhi should not speak irresponsibly... At one point he blames the BJP for the riots and at the other he raises doubt on the dedication of Muslim youths... He should apologise to Muslims for the same and if he cannot do that Sonia Gandhi should do it," Khan told reporters here.
"The claims of Rahul Gandhi that Muslim youths are in touch with the Pakistani Intelligence agency would open new doors of hatred and animosity towards them," he said.
The Uttar Pradesh minister said he would try to find out the truth behind Rahul`s claims. "Such a statement is not just putting the ISI in the dock but also doubting the integrity of Muslim youths," he said.
Khan said if the Centre had any evidence on the claims of Rahul, it should take it up with the Pakistani government.
Terming Rahul`s remarks as "immature", he said such comments should not have been made at a public rally. Khan said his opposition to Rahul`s remarks should also be seen as the position of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!