SP sets up coordination panel for LS polls
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Thursday constituted a state-level coordination committee to be headed by state party chief Akhilesh Yadav for effective monitoring of affairs related to Lok Sabha elections.
The 18-member committee included ministers Shivpal Singh Yadav, Ahmad Hasan, Ram Govind Chowdhury, Om Prakash Singh, Balram Yadav, Rajendra Chowdhury, Gayatri Prasad Prajapati and Rajpal Kashyap among others, a party release said here.
The committee would keep an eye on activities and performance of Lok Sabha candidates and look into their problems, if any, and try to redress them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs