SP sets up disciplinary committee
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Saturday set up a five-member disciplinary committee to look into cases of some leaders and workers opposing official party candidates during the Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
"Cases of opposition of authorised party candidates by some leaders and workers during the assembly election have come to the knowledge of the leadership," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said in a statement here.
He said to inquire and review such cases party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav had constituted a five-member committee.
The committee would carry out a district-wise review and submit its report by June 15.
Necessary action would be taken within 15 days after receipt of the report, Chaudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!