SP spreading `govt-sponsored terrorism`: UP BJP
Lucknow: BJP on Monday demanded an inquiry by CBI or SIT, monitored by the Supreme Court, into the Muzaffarnagar riots and accused Samajwadi Party of favouring a particular minority community.
"A CBI inquiry or an inquiry by a special investigation team under the monitoring of the Supreme Court should be conducted into the Muzaffarnagar riots. Stern action should be taken against all those found guilty," state unit president of BJP Laxmikant Bajpai told reporters here.
Claiming that one-sided action was being taken in connection with the riots, Bajpai claimed no action would be taken against BSP`s Kadir Rana and Congress` Saeduzama as they belonged to a particular community.
"Although BJP MLAs and members of the majority community are being framed, no action has been taken against the culprits of Kawal town and killers of Sachin and Gaurav which is the root cause of the riots," Bajpai said.
To a question on the Mahapanchyat in Meerut in support of BJP MLA Sangeet Som yesterday, Bajpai said it was wrong to go ahead by the organisers after taking a decision not to do so. He, however, blamed the district administration for not taking strong steps to stop the rally organised under prohibitory orders.
Bajpai said had the government organised meeting of all the parties concerned both in Lucknow and in the district, whatever happened yesterday could have been checked.
He claimed officers of a particular section of society were being harassed in western Uttar Pradesh.
The BJP leader also accused the SP government of appeasing minority community.
"On the one hand, UP government is observing `sadbhavna saptah` (harmony week) but on the other, it is according state guest status to those accused of rioting and framing innocent people," he said.
"A delegation of Ulemas led by Maulana Nazir was invited by the state government in a damage control exercise and also accorded the status of state guest," he said.
Bajpai claimed that cases of instigating riots are registered against Nazir in Jansath police station of Muzaffarnagar.
"Why were BJP MLAs against whom cases under similar sections were registered arrested, but Nazir given state guest status? ...Our party demands an answer from the government on this issue within 24 hours," Bajpai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed