‘SP supported UPA to keep `communal` forces at ba
Etawah (UP): Justifying his party`s continued support to the UPA government, Samajwadi Party national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav Saturday said the move was taken to keep "communal forces" at bay.
"The support to the Central government has been extended in order to ensure that communal forces do not gain strength and common people are not made to suffer any further crisis because of it," Yadav said.
He, however, said that despite supporting the government at Centre, the party will continue to oppose UPA`s "anti-people" policies.
Referring to the Gujarat riots, Yadav said when he wanted to go there, he was told that he could even be "murdered" if he visited the state, and the government would not be able to provide security to him.
Accusing the then Gujarat government of being a "mute spectator" to the "killing of innocent people", Yadav said SP`s move intended to keep such forces out of power.
Yadav said it will be a non-Congress and non-BJP government at the Centre after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls as regional parties, with a "better image" in the eyes of people, will gain strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Six dead, 17 wounded as suicide bombers strike Lebanese village
- WATCH: Lionel Messi crying after Argentina's 2-4 loss against Chile in Copa America final
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!