‘SP supported UPA to keep `communal` forces at ba
Etawah (UP): Justifying his party`s continued support to the UPA government, Samajwadi Party national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav Saturday said the move was taken to keep "communal forces" at bay.
"The support to the Central government has been extended in order to ensure that communal forces do not gain strength and common people are not made to suffer any further crisis because of it," Yadav said.
He, however, said that despite supporting the government at Centre, the party will continue to oppose UPA`s "anti-people" policies.
Referring to the Gujarat riots, Yadav said when he wanted to go there, he was told that he could even be "murdered" if he visited the state, and the government would not be able to provide security to him.
Accusing the then Gujarat government of being a "mute spectator" to the "killing of innocent people", Yadav said SP`s move intended to keep such forces out of power.
Yadav said it will be a non-Congress and non-BJP government at the Centre after the 2014 Lok Sabha polls as regional parties, with a "better image" in the eyes of people, will gain strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers