SP supporters held for ruckus at police station
Kaushambi: Three Samajwadi Party supporters were on Thursday arrested for allegedly beating BSP supporters inside police station premises in Puramufti area here.
BSP supporters, led by son of a local leader, were returning from Allahabad when some SP supporter allegedly followed them in the city.
After complaint the police brought the BSP men to police station, however, the SP supporters also arrived there and allegedly thrashed some of them, police said.
Police intervened into the matter and arrested SP supporters Mohammad Avshaf, Alam and Mohd Jaish, station in-charge Dinesh Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof